Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Jazz Way

Jazz, as many other say, is one of the most complicated music genre. I've been studying this music for about nearly four years. I don't like the first two years of studying this jazz music. All I have to do was just memorizing the chords which are so many, so complicated. After that long term, I stepped to the next level, studying the scales. I thought it would be easier, but what I found was the more difficult exercise. I don't like it at all! It was tiring to memorize so many kinds of scale and the fingering too.
However, I finally stepped to the improvisation level. It was more difficult than before, but I like it though I was too lazy to do the exercise at home everyday. Now, I'm no more studying only the kinds of improvisation techniques. Now, I'm studying kinds of song in jazz world. It is more interesting than those former lessons.
What I like from jazz music is that it's easy for anybody not having met before to play in one musical band with one-minded way. Though it is quite complicated to decide whether he or another plays the improvisation first, it is fully enjoyable to play the music. Everybody has their own role in the play. This is what many people usually say about the jazz way, showing the one accord.
Eventhough there're so many music beside jazz, in my opinion, jazz is the most complicating one. You may see other music's musician/music player play their instrument more skillful or more complicated than jazz, but playing jazz is not just playing one kind of music because there are so many sub-kinds of music in jazz world and there are more differences between the music than those in other music genres. The kinds of chord are so many in jazz music, more than those used in other music genres.
Want to experience the more complicated music?? Join the jazz world!!

No comments: