Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Fourth Blog

Hi! My name is Christian, the full one is Christian Halim. I am still a student and now I'm studying in ITB (Institut Teknologi Bandung/Bandung Institute of Technology), in School of Electrical Engineering and Informatics faculty. I've decided to enter the Electrical Engineering one, not the Informatics, hopefully be fulfilled. As my name, I'm a male, still 17 now, a month to 18. I live in Bandung and originally came from Bandung. I live in the centre of Bandung, a bit southern.
My activities now, beside studying, are playing piano with my teacher and his jazz band once per month or three weeks. The cafe is Prima Taste, not quite a cafe, but rather a lounge. By the way, this year is my twelfth year of learning to play piano. I enjoy this kind of musical instrument very much.
Beside my music interest, I have another hobby too, drawing. Actually, since long time ago I've desired to enter an architecture school, which in Bandung the best one is UNPAR (universitas Parahyangan), the one in Ciumbuleuit. Before I entered ITB, I've been accepted there. I only have to pay about 15 million rupiahs for the next step of entering this university. However, my surrounding conditioned me to keep struggling to enter ITB by the SPMB path. So, I followed the instruction, and actually I persuaded my mind also to keep studying in order to enter that university. Unbelieveably, I was accepted in ITB in the STEI faculty! Thus, I followed all the procedure to be ITB's student until the payment step. Then, I was legally verified as ITB's student. Obviously, I didn't pay the fee for entering UNPAR. That was a brief history of my existence here in ITB in the faculty I haven't even imagined to be in.
About this life, I enjoy every step I take eventhough most of them are difficult to be faced. I joined the acceleration class in my senior high school grade which made me faster a year in entering university. In that phase I studied to maximize myself in every second of my step. Nearly everyday I slept for only 2 to 3 hours a day. I was terribly tiring. Believe it or not, that environment formed me to be workacholic, just like my close friend now in ITB, although he is much more workacholic than me. I realized then that I could go beyond all boundaries I've thought I had so far. In the final step, I got the rank of third best student among all acceleration students in SMAK 1 BPK Penabur Bdg. It was astonishing! You won't believe it! When I entered this class in the first year, I got only the 7th rank. Nevertheless, I gradually got higher rank until I constantly got the third rank every semester. Eventhough I was quite distressed for those two years in acceleration class, I learned many things about life, so much from every tear falling, from every failure, from the unique social life I underwent, and so much more. From those situation I learned how to lay aside all unimportant things of life and focus myself to one thing I have to do that time. It was difficult on the first time, but I gradually got used to it too. To me, this step of life gave impact the most to my being now, the one forming myself to be this kind now, 180 degrees upside down my life before I entered high school. For me, in all my way I study to live not living to study. I still disagree the opinions of my friends in my campus which stated that their focus is to study, or to be successful only in men's rate.
Overall, I hope you enjoy reading this blog.
Regard,
Christian

No comments: