Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 30, 2007

Javanese...

What to say???

Surely, I hate being in the middle of my friends in my campus. Actually, nearly all the time in campus I spent with my Javanese friends. And fortunately, most of the class members are Javanese!! They always communicate each other by Javanese language while I was still in the middle of the conversation. I became speechless then.
I just don't understand, how come such thing could happen?? The one I hate from them is that while they're talking one another, I sometimes felt that I was being talked, and when I realized, it's true that I was being talked. They always play at me with their strange language.
Nevertheless, there is a translator here. My closest friend, Dimas, is a Javanese too and I always force him to translate every Javanese language I hear. The one I like is that he always explain nearly every Javanese vocabulary I don't understand which I just heard.
Confidently, I can say now that ITB environment can change one's culture into the mixed one, the ITB culture, the united one. At first I felt comfortable to use my regular Indonesian language while I know also that here in ITB people seldom use the "gua, lu" language. Moreover, I won't find people using "aing, sia" in conversation (even though I found one this morning). You know what, after socializing myself here in ITB's environment, I found that my Indonesian language couldn't be accepted easily that I have to study nearly every regional language I hear in the community where I belong. It's a bit difficult and inconvenient actually, but I will try hard, struggle, forcing my self to study languages again.

No comments: